Golf Travel Tips for the Holidays
Traveling with golf clubs can be a hassle, especially during the busy holiday season. Lugging them around the airport or trying to fit them in a trunk of a car is not the easiest or convenient. Plus, the extra baggage fee airlines are now charging will make anyone’s blood boil. One option is not to take them at all. Many golf courses, like the Glens Golf Group in Myrtle Beach, SC have name brand rental clubs available for men, women, seniors, and left handed golfers. If that is not an option, below are a few golf travel tips to help keep the holidays merry and bright.
1. Travel light. If possible, travel with half a set of golf clubs or only the clubs used most. Also, no need to travel with 30 golf balls, just take a few or buy some sleeves of balls at your destination. This will help with the airlines weight requirement and keep fees down.
2. Invest in a durable golf travel bag. A hard shell travel bag will provide overall club protection and will be easier to operate around an airport (most come with wheels). A soft golf travel bag won’t offer as much protection, but will be much lighter and offer more storage pockets. Investing in a durable golf travel bag will ease any golfers mind knowing that their collection of golf clubs are protected.
3. Don’t forget to pack your golf shoes. The Glens Golf Group in Myrtle Beach, SC is offering a unique golf package entitled, “Just Pack Your Shoes.” Literally, just pack your golf shoes and some clothes and leave your clubs at home. This golf package includes accommodations at the Village at the Glens; three to four rounds on Heather Glen, Glen Dornoch, Shaftesbury Glen and Possum Trot; top name brand rental clubs including Taylor Made, Callaway and Wilson; a new golf glove; balls; free range balls and cart fees. Click here for more information.
4. Vary tee times throughout the day. Don’t book tee times early every morning. Allow time for some extra zzz’s or late nights out with friends.
5. Visit a destination that offers more than just golf. Traveling with a non-golfer? Be sure to choose a destination that offers other activities besides golf and plan your day accordingly. Myrtle Beach offers the best of both worlds: plenty of golf courses for the golfer and plenty of shopping, beaches and other activities for the non-golfer.
To book your next golf trip to Myrtle Beach, call The Glens Golf Group at 888-999-9520.
Posted on November 28, 2012